Chief Executive Jobs In Pakistan International Airline 2016
PIA, the national airline of Pakistan, is implementing its focused revival strategy to steer the company on path of growth and success. The airline requires a highly experienced, dynamic and passionate professional with strong operational, financial and commercial acumen to be hired as a full time Chief Executive on contract basis. The Chief Executive position shall be the focal position to implement the turnaround strategy for the national carrier. The ideal candidate is required to share a passion for reshaping PIA and bring it to stand in the league of major national airlines. The selected person shall be required to develop and lead a major Change Management Program to address PIACL financial, operational, commercial and cultural turn-around including guiding and motivating its people to deliver their best performance, as a team. The successful candidate will also be expected to have excellent people management and communication skills with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Possess a graduate degree from a well-reputed institute or such other professional qualification relating to the principle its of business of the public sector company, including manufacturing, mining, science, technology, agriculture, social science or any other field commensurate to the job
- Be a member of a recognized body of professional accountant
- Be a recognized Businessman or professional with a Postgraduate degree in Business Administration or Public Administration or Finance or Commerce or Marketing or equivalent from any recognized institute.
- Minimum 25 years of working experience in international airlines of repute with minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior professional position in relevant professional areas including inter-alia, science, technology, finance, law, business, social sciences etc. Having an established worldwide network in Airline industry.
- Strategic Management
- Professional Business skills
- Leadership qualities
- Vision to steer the organization towards success and growth
- Strategic Management
- Leadership qualities
- People Management & Delegation
- Problem Solving & Decision making
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Envision, lead and encourage the efforts of entire organization towards achieving overall business objectives. Responsible for devising corporate strategies, formulating growth plans and ensuring maximum returns for all stakeholders
- Laying a foundation to achieve long terms benefits through strategic policy making and continuous improvement for future development of organization. Ensure that the objectives of the organization, as agreed by the board, are fully, promptly and properly implemented.
- Shaping organizational activities and utilizing full potential of all employees to attain highest standards of service at all levels. Creating a congenial and user friendly work environment for all employees of the organization.
- Fostering a culture of employee best practices, work ethics and zero tolerance for corruption. Aligning established policies, procedures and work practices to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in all areas.
- Allocation of funds / capital to organizations priorities and ensure that the necessary financial and operational data are made available for the annual report and its external audit
- Establish roles for the top layer of the organization covering duties, responsibilities and recourses. Develop a skilled and capable top management team. Develop and implement a strategy to attract and retain existing and potential business. Propose long term operational and corporate growth plans covering the development of routes, fleet, major facilities and revenue.
- Indoctrinate systems leading to the production of detailed plans and allocated budgets for business units and supporting functions that are required throughout the network.
- To be fully aware of all safety and service quality requirement and to be responsible for the outcomes and findings of all internal & external safety/quality audits.
- To ensure effective functioning of HSEQ Steering and Working Committees. Assume responsibility for recording and reporting of all occupational hazards, accidents, incidents, near miss cases to the concerned agencies as per the Management approved system procedures.
- Develop and maintain the reputation and image of the corporation in official, financial and public circles and represent PIACL at official functions. Also develop and maintain relationships with interfacing government departments, Civil Aviation Authority and other international and domestic organizations/agencies at senior management level for obtaining bilateral agreements and other facilities/services.
- Ensure adequate representation at International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) meetings. Ensure that PIACL interests are appropriately represented on the platforms of joint venture or subsidiary companies and high
image of PIACL at all media forms.
- Successful candidate will be offered market based salary and fringe benefits.
- The selected candidates will be given employment on contract basis for a period of two (2) years, which may be extended.
- The applicant shall be required to complete and sign Application Form (available on PIA website) along with copies of the degrees/ testimonials duly verified by the Higher Education Commission or the professional body or association, whichever is relevant.
- The applicant shall also submit a declaration on a non-judicial stamp paper of requisite value (available on PIA website) that he is not ineligible to as a Chief Executive, in accordance with the provision of the ordinance and the rules.
- Applications are invited on the prescribed FORM available (free of Cost) from the PIA Recruitment & Placement Office at Karachi, and from other PIA Offices in different stations besides being available on PIA’s website: www.piac.aero/careers Interested candidates should send their application forms along with the said declaration, verified photocopies of educational/ professional qualifications, experience certificates, national identity card and two recent passport size photographs accompanied by Pay Order of Rupees 500/- (non-refundable) in the name of PIAC (PIA NTN No. 080-3450-8) through courier to the following address not later than 30-09-2016.
MANAGER RECRUITMENT & PLACEMENT, NEAR PIA TRAINING CENTER. KARACHI AIRPORT 75200.
Last Date To Apply: 30th September , 2016
Click Here For Advertisement